Covenant Academy exists to serve Christ and His Kingdom by sharing the gospel and partnering with parents to train students by way of Scripture and the classical liberal arts.
If we are effective in our partnership, our graduates will possess:
- Virtue: Students will demonstrate high moral standards. They will recognize obedience as an expression of love for God and His word. They will honor God and those made in His image, and rightly order their affections. Students will study the Bible as our moral compass, and the representations of virtue in classical literature.
- Wisdom: Students will think deeply, reason soundly, recognize the consequences of ideas, and make wise choices. Students will learn to make all thoughts captive to Christ and love what God loves.
- Eloquence: Students will demonstrate fluent and persuasive speech. They will listen discerningly and speak winsomely in articulate defense of truth, goodness, and beauty.
- Balance: Students will demonstrate well-rounded foundations. They will gain mastery of the liberal arts. They will learn grammar (the rules and structure of each subject), logic (the ability to understand the implications and build on the foundations of those rules), and rhetoric (the ability to present and defend their conclusions). Students will appreciate the connections between literature, arts, athletics, and the sciences, enabling them to pursue lifelong learning in areas of special interest and the ability to be conversant and competent in other fields.
- Literacy: Students will demonstrate knowledge in a range of fields. They will cultivate a love of learning, and a love of the true, good and beautiful through studying a broad selection of great works of theology, literature, history, science, mathematics, music, and the visual arts.
- Servant Leadership: Students will demonstrate the ability to humbly lead others. They will seek to imitate Christ who came to serve, not to be served, as they practice leadership qualities honed through character training, mentoring, service and daily discipleship.
Would you like to find out more about Classical Education?
We believe that all children are made in the image of God. He gives us life and calls us to pursue Him with our lives. We believe that we are broken by the effects of sin, in need of salvation, and capable of transformation by the grace of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. God calls parents to teach their children what is true, good, and beautiful. They are called to teach them faithfully, thoroughly, and diligently.
Our school exists to partner with parents in this calling. We believe that classical education is simply a rediscovery of God's design for education: pedagogy that is centered around discipleship through great stories, great discussions, and great community.
(Gen. 1 and 3, Deut. 6, Eph. 6, and Col. 1)