God calls parents to teach their children what is true, good, and beautiful. They are called to teach them faithfully, thoroughly, and diligently. Our school exists to partner with parents in this calling. We believe that classical education is simply a rediscovery of God's design for education: pedagogy that is centered around discipleship through great stories, great discussions, and great community. (Genesis 1 and 3, Deuteronomy 6, Ephesians 6, and Colossians 1)
- The Bible alone to be the word of God, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God is omnipotent; that is, He can do all things. He is omnipresent; that is, He is present to all creation and has under His immediate authority all things which are in Heaven, in the earth, and under the earth. He is omniscient; that is, He knows all things. He readily exercises His power which is present everywhere, and to Him there is nothing that is impossible or unknown, that is, He knows what has been from eternity, what now takes place everywhere, and what will be to all eternity.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. We believe in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- The Holy Spirit convicts people of sin, righteousness and judgment. He regenerates those who receive Christ as their Savior and indwells them permanently, sealing them unto the day of redemption. He also gives to them spiritual gifts and empowers those yielded to Him.
- God is the creator of all that exists. We believe that He created humanity in his image. We believe He created us male and female.
- All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. We believe in the eternal assurance of salvation.
- Our faith in Jesus Christ will result in sanctification, the ultimate setting apart of an individual unto God.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation and eternal separation from the presence of the Lord.
- The union of man and woman in marriage is a reflection of Christ's relationship with the church, which is the Body and Bride of Christ. We believe that the Church, the Body and Bride of Christ, is made up of all born-again persons.
Would you like to find out if Covenant Academy
is the right fit for your family?