At Covenant, we believe in partnering with parents, with college advising being no exception. By helping families better understand their post-secondary options while enrolled at Covenant, students can better develop a plan for their future.
Our College Advisor meets with students at the start of their 9th grade year. The Advisor's job is to do the following:
- Support and encourage students as they explore their gifts, talents, and interests while seeking God’s will for their future
- Provide resources to prepare for the CLT10, PSAT, CLT, SAT, ACT, and SAT Subject Tests
- Assist students in navigating their college search
- Assist juniors and seniors with college admission and scholarship applications
Additionally, the College Advisor organizes the following:
- Lunchtime visits with various college recruiters from across the country (Fall)
- Lunchtime visits with speakers in various career fields (Spring)
- Administration of the PSAT (Fall) and CLT10 (Spring)
College Credit through Dual Credit Partnerships and AP Testing
Covenant Academy desires for qualified students to have the option and opportunity to earn both high school and college credit through dual credit courses with one of our partnering universities and AP exam options.
Through our partnership with LeTourneau University and as a member of the Canyon Christian Schools Consortium with Grand Canyon University, juniors and seniors may choose from many online electives across a broad variety of specialties. Seniors have the option to complete an approved dual credit math course for their final high school credit. Additionally, Biblical Greek I and II are offered as dual credit courses with traditional classroom instruction through LETU.
Although we are committed to a classical Christian education, we recognize many College Board AP exams are a natural extension to the content of our classes. Students who choose to take on the additional preparation necessary for such exams may opt in each fall and receive the benefit of teachers providing additional practice during the year.
More information about these opportunities can be found at:
Would you like to find out if Covenant Academy
is the right fit for your family?
We require students to have 28 credit hours upon graduation as follows:
- History (4)
- Language Arts (4)
- Mathematics (4)
- Science (4)
- Theology (4)
- Languages (3)
- Reasoning &
- Fine Arts (1)
- Physical Training/ Athletics (1)
- Elective (1)
View/Download our full School Profile