At Covenant, college advising is a partnered process between the Upper School Principal, the College Advisor, and parents. The Upper School Principal meets annually with students to go over their graduation plan, discuss end of year GPA, and answer any questions regarding graduation requirements beginning at the end of their 8th grade year.
Our College Advisor meets with students by request beginning their 9th grade year to…
- Support and encourage students as they explore their gifts, talents, and interests while seeking God’s will for their future,
- Provide resources to prepare for the CLT10, PSAT, CLT, SAT, ACT, and SAT Subject Tests,
- Assist students in navigating their college search, and
- Assist juniors and seniors with college admission and scholarship applications.
Additionally, the College Advisor organizes…
- Lunchtime visits with various college recruiters from across the country (Fall),
- Lunchtime visits with speakers in various career fields (Spring), and
- Administration of the PSAT (Fall) and CLT10 (Spring).
We require students to have 28 credit hours upon graduation as follows:
- History (4)
- Language Arts (4)
- Mathematics (4)
- Science (4)
- Theology (4)
- Languages (3)
- Reasoning &
- Fine Arts (1)
- Physical Training/ Athletics (1)
- Elective (1)